Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Last day of classes

So today was my last day of classes, and I must admit it feels a little anticlimactic. I came home after getting a frozen yogurt treat with Katie, took the dog for a walk, made dinner and got on the the computer. Ummm, nothing in my life has changed. Now I realize that I might sound strange, but I had some expectation that it would feel different, feel exciting, feel relieving. (Granted its only been like 6 hours) I took my very last exam ever... but somehow it feels like any other semester. I am sure once the family gets here and the real "fun" begins it will feel much more like a party, but as of right now, it feels mundane.
Its interesting, the whole idea of a resolution. Accomplishment is weird. Finishing and reaching goals is an important part of being an adult, as well as being a Higerd, but shouldn't it feel like something when you get there. The truth is, I am actually glad I am wrestling with the lack of feeling. More often than not, I am lead to a weird place by my feelings. My sinfulness is deeply linked to my emotions and this linkage is how I get myself in trouble. Now I am not saying that it is wrong to feel, but I am saying that I am thankful that my feelings are not in charge.
I am however, so excited for this weekend. Its overwhelming to have so many people coming to share in this accomplishment. The mixing of extended families is always so fun to see. I'm graduating from college, I wonder what I will do with the rest of my life?

3 comments:

  1. ps. I'm so excited you are blogging and even more excited you are reading Harry! You're going to be obsessed. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know... keep the encouragement coming!

    ReplyDelete