Friday, August 1, 2008

Hot Water and a Frog

So Ginny, Mari's Mom, gave me a little frog pool to take Jude swimming in. Since I don't have a place to blow it up I gave it to my Mom figuring we could have some fun in the frog at her house. The other afternoon we took Jude swimming for the first time.

Mom blew up the frog and put it under one of her big shade trees in the back yard. We kenneled all the dogs and she turned on the hose. Mom told me that the water that comes out of the hose initially is really hot so we might have to cool down the water before we put Jude in the pool. It all sounded good to me until I felt the water. IT WAS FREEZING! Mom had left the hose running in the garden so the sun had not heated the water left in the hose. She tried to tell me it was warm enough for Jude to play in, she kept saying its a pool not a bath... I reluctantly got in the froggy pool with my son and watched him turn a faint shade of purple. I was right it was way too cold. I sent Mom inside for a large bucket of hot water to warm the pool because the hose water was so cold she had to make two trips. After I was satisfied with the temperature, she got in the pool and made a huge fuss about how hot the water was and how Jude was going to go to sleep because the water was making him lethargic. In my defense, it wasn't "hot" it was warm like his bath. And furthermore, I am his mother so I get to decide the temperature of the water. So there... :)

Jude seemed to really like the pool and the water. He wasn't as excited as he is in the bath, but I think for a first attempt it was a success. We will have to try it again and see if his daddy likes the frog pool as much as his mommy and grandma did.

Jude having some outside Tummy Time waiting for hot water...


Mommy and Son

Grandma and Jude splashing around.

Contemplating the fun of swimming...

Only on a baby are back fat rolls cute.

Playing in the Frog.

Mommy and Son take 2.

After the swim in our swim diaper...
If you would like to see some videos of the "Problems we are having at Grandma's house" Click here...

And here is a video of Jude in the bath... This wasn't his most exciting tub, but you get the idea of how much he likes it...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jude, I just love you, and I thought by now I would have some photos of you with your Great-great grandmother. Was your visit with her fun? I heard from your Grandmother that some of your family got sick before you left on your first plane flight. Tell your parents hello and I think your Froggie pool is so cute with you in it. Love you, Great Grandmother MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Baby Jude,
    I heard you were sick with an earache over Thanksgiving and it hurt so much. I am sorry you were sick. I used to work with ear doctors and we would insert tubes in baby's ears so the fluid would drain out. Did you get to have a little turkey to play with? When your Mommy was your age we would dress her up in frilly dresses for holidays. What did you wear?

    Hugs & kisses for you, Mommy and Daddy.
    Love you, Great Grandmother MiMi

    ReplyDelete