Friday, September 11, 2009

Meek's Bay 2009

Our family weekend in Meek's Bay at Lake Tahoe was wonderful. We went up for a long weekend in August to spend some quality Higerd time. Camping was great. Family was great. Relaxation was great. Reading was great. Well, it was really great.



Jude loved playing hide and seek in the clothes line of towels, dumping buckets of water on his lap at the beach, and digging in the sand!


I am so glad Jude was walking this summer. Had he been a crawler I dont know how I would have done. Last summer he couldn't hardly sit up so that was fine. But this year he was walking and up out of the dirt. He was still small enough that he wouldnt run off which was really nice. We shall see about next year?

I snuck away to South Lake Tahoe for an afternoon and saw a movie all by myself! 4 Hours alone... It was nice, although the movie wasnt great. Julie and Julia... I was disappointed. I had high expectations I guess.

Garrett loved swimming in the lake and took Jude out on Grandmomma's boogie board. Jude wasnt to keen on the cold water. But he was a good sport for his daddy.

I love camping at Meek's Bay!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Jon doesn't like the ocean because it's cold...eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love camping with you too!! Thanks for coming and making it sooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth loved helping out with Jude and was sorry we had to leave so early into your visit. Next time you want a babysitter to tag along and help out, I'm sure she'd be more than willing! Glad you had such a nice time! Meeks Bay is my favorite beach at Tahoe!

    ReplyDelete