Thursday, March 25, 2010

Redeemed Afternoon

This afternoon after Jude woke up cranky, and the wind continued to rip through the trees at 40+ mph taking the option of going outside away, I decided we needed something to do!

Enter Amazing Moms 

This website has all kinds of cool crafts and things to do at home including games and birthday party ideas.

After poking around for a minute or two we decided to make play dough. In all the years I worked with kids, I had never done this before. I knew it was supposed to be simple, but honestly if I had known it was this simple, I WOULD HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE!

Recipe:
Flour 3cups
Salt 1 1/2 cups
Water 3 cups
Vegetable Oil 2TB.
Cream of tartar 1TB.
Food coloring few drops or unsweetened "Kool-Aid" 1pkg.
Mix ALL of the ingredients in a large saucepan.
Cook over medium low heat, until the dough comes away
from the edges of the pan and it becomes difficult to move the spoon. Remove from heat. Cool until it can be handled.
Place on counter or wax paper knead 3-4 times.
Store in an air tight container.


All I had was some wholewheat flour and it worked perfectly. And to make this even better it take less than 10 minutes!


Jude had so much fun. At first he was quite timid, but he eventually got the hang of it. Making snowmen was his favorite activity, that and banging the rolling pin on the table. Boys will be Boys.


Here are a few pictures of the fun.



Building a tower!

Showing me his snowman. 

Putting the cutouts back in the cutters.



Making another snowman. 

And last but not least, showing me his muscles. 

This activity lasted more than an hour today. We had so much fun! I highly recommend making play dough if you have never done so before.

Oh yeah, and we have another Higerd Monkey making an appearance this August!  Congrats Gabe and Mari on having another little girl!

2 comments:

  1. I sat and scrolled through these pictures for 10 minutes staring at them over and over. He's just so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Post a blog of all the funny words and sayings that have come out of Jude. They are so precious, and I am afraid I will forget them...Gotta love this blog stuff...

    ReplyDelete