Monday, June 16, 2008

10 Reasons I am Thankful To and For the Men in My Life

So I ran across the blog by Abraham Piper, John Piper's son and this was his Father's Day post to his dad. I found it so touching and honest that I decided to adapt it to my life:

Garrett:
1. You love Jesus more than you love me.
2. You love Jesus more than you love Jude.
3. You read the bible to our son every night as he falls asleep.
4. You strive to be a humble man.
5. You are honest with me.
6. You desire to be a man of your word.
7. You work hard and provide for our family.
8. You teach and instruct me daily.
9. You make me laugh.
10. You are a great snuggler.

Dad:
1. You love the Lord and are striving to be more like Him.
2. You can take a joke. (Gator Aide's are for outside chores)
3. You love my mother with an "out-loud" kind of love.
4. You are playful with Mom.
5. You sing a lot.
6. You love me and my siblings differently depending on how we need to be loved.
7. You went back to work with a humble heart.
8. You like to reminisce with me.
9. You sometimes smell like cut grass.
10. You taught my son to stick out his tongue.

Phil:
1. You are a man of wisdom seasoned by your affection for Jesus.
2. You loved my husband into a man.
3. You care for me never making me feel like and "in-law"
4. You love family above all other things.
5. You tell great jokes.
6. Your jokes make my laugh harder than anyone else's.
7. You are fair.
8. You take your time making decisions.
9. You are sensitive, and unashamed to cry when you feel something.
10. You carry $100 bills to make a "Quick Cash Deal."

To all the dad's in my life: I love you! Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment