Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Chandler!

My dearest sister,

I am so sorry that I have been a horrible blogger. I realize that this is your means to see what is happening with Jude on a more regular basis and my slacking has inhibited your getting the daily details. So this post is just for you on your birthday!

So its been more than two weeks since my last post and a lot has gone on. Mom did another craft fair at the Bishop Park over Memorial Day Weekend. We had fun visiting her in her booth. Mule Days didn't disappoint. One of the vendors was selling "Deep Fried Snickers." I laughed out loud because I thought they only sold things like that at the fair in Fayetteville. I didn't get a picture of the snickers man, but Michael took this one of my son:

Jude then met his Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Brady, his Great-Aunt KK and second cousins Abby and Trevor. Both visits were wonderful. It was so nice to see them and the three of us were very blessed that they each made the effort to come and visit.




We attempted a pic-nic after church Sunday before last at Rock Creek lake but it was very windy and chilly. So no pictures...:(

Last Friday morning Garrett had a meeting in Bishop and stayed home until almost 10 and decided to take this cheeky picture without my knowing... Silly husband.


After church this Sunday we had a great time at the McDonald's house. They had a Bar-b-Q and we all had a wonderful time. Jude did decide to show everyone that he does indeed have powerful lungs. He had fallen asleep in his car seat so I carefully carried him into the living room and set him on the couch. Not five minutes later, as I was inhaling my cheese burger (nursing makes me super hungry), Jude was crying harder than I had ever heard him cry. I guess he didnt like being left in the living room while the party was outside... So sad! We then traveled down the hill to Round Valley. The weekends are my only time to get out and about. Not having a car has really put a squash on my independence, so Garrett graciously drove my to my parents house for some more fun and socializing. Garrett and Dad swam with Chase, Tug and Gus in the pool and Garrett was covered with scratches. He informed me that:

"You need to be careful while swimming with the dogs because when you go under the water they cant see you and will scratch you."

My response, "Well duh."

Seriously who swims with dogs. I think its so gross, and I refuse to get in the pool with the dogs or after they have been in it. YUCK!

We did take our first walk with Jude in a stroller. It was very nice and he seemed to like it just fine.
Yesterday I got out Jude's Baby Einstein Play-mat. He loves it. There is a star that lights up and plays music and he stares at it and coos. Its darling. He will lay there for 15 minutes totally entertained. Its so fun to see him enjoying himself.

4 Week old Tummy Time. Learning to lift up his head.

Looking for him thumb again

Over Mama taking his picture...

Happy Birthday Little Sister! Remember I hate your stinkin' Guts! and You make me Vomit!






P.S. Happy 2nd Anniversary Gabe and Mari!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!

    Now that was a great blog. I love it.

    Annabelle also loves her baby einstein play mat and Mr. Star. And Caroline loves it too and climbs right on in there with Annabelle. So thanks again for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with mari! i loved my birthday present.. i couldnt have asked for anything better! i love you..

    ps, please keep them coming regularly .. thanks!

    ReplyDelete