Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Overdue Update:)

"When is the last time you blogged?"

"Let's see, Thirty days has September, April June and November. All the rest have thirty one. Ummm Last Week."

"You're Due"

That is something similar to the conversation I imagine I would have had with Chandler this morning if I had talked with her...

Last Monday night we went over to the Haakana's house for a Bar-B-Q for Kyle's birthday. It was really fun. We laughed a lot and had nice light hearted conversation. It's fun to get out and socialize with people other than family once in a while. Dan made us all go for a walk after dinner to "Earn" our dessert. No one wanted to go, but we all ended up trecking up the hill behind their house, most of us with flip-flops on, to, if nothing else, get bitten by mosquitoes.

The Ladies at Kyle's Birthday Party

I made my first attempt at pumping some milk so Garrett could feed Jude his late night feeding before we all go to bed. I managed to get almost 4 oz and thought that would be plenty for a feed, but I was seriously mistaken. Garrett got ready for bed and took Jude into our bedroom to feed him while I was getting ready for bed. They got all settled, and Jude took the bottle like champ. However, when I returned from the bathroom, Jude had eaten all 4 oz, and was looking for more. Garrett was convinced that the bottle was, "Just a snack!" I then feed Jude another 6 minutes per side before he was finished eating for the evening... What an eater!

Daddy giving Jude a snack.
(I thought I would put up a shirtless picture of Garrett to even out all those ones of Gabe!)

The past few days however, he has been more finicky. He won't eat his usual 12 minutes per side. He will eat one one side and then proceed to play on the other eating maybe 5-6 minutes. I am not too worried since he is definitely growing and gaining weight. Garrett reassures me that Jude, "isn't missin' any meals."

On Friday we had the first "Pool Day at Pam's" of the summer. It was really fun. Carmen and her girls, Windsor and Owen, and Corrie and her kiddos all came down to my parents house for a swimming day. I didn't take Jude in the pool because I am still not sure if he is big enough. I am thinking later in the summer we will give it a try. It was really hot outside, but sitting in shade was tolerable and with a slight breeze every now and again it was pretty comfortable. The last week or so its been in the high 90's in Bishop and in the high 70's in Mammoth. I know that isnt hot compared to other places, but its hot for here...

Scout playing in the sun.


Dominique and Haven as bathing beauties.


Windsor and Owen waving hello.

The weekend was really mellow. Saturday was a nice quite day at home. In the afternoon we too Jude on a walk around Lake Mary. It was really fun. About 1/2 way around the lake I took the blanket I was using to shade him off and he began to "talk." He cooed and made noises for almost 20 minutes. It was darling. Garrett and I laughed. Its so fun to interact with Jude. Each day he becomes more alert and engaged. Every day is better.

Daddy doing what he loves best on Saturdays.

Sunday we taught Sunday School again, and all our 5th graders returned. I was really excited about that, but I feel a little bummed for them having had one week with the Junior High and now having to return to our class. I just wish our curriculum was consistent so that no matter which class they were in the teaching was solid.

Sunday afternoon, Garrett took me out to lunch at the Good Life Cafe. We had a nice meal, just the three of us. I really like being a family and doing things with my family. It's great:)

Gus has a vet appointment on Wednesday to get micro chipped, his booster shots and a rattle snake vaccine. The micro chip will contain all our personal information so that if Gus should ever get lost or stolen, a simple scan of his chip will tell the vet who his owners are and where we can be contacted. Cool Huh... I am feeling a little anxious about the appointment because I have to take him without Garrett and I dont know how Ill restrain the dog while holding the baby. It should be interesting.

I also have my 6 week post op appointment this week. So hopefully all will be ok and I will get the clear to live life as normal. Horray!

3 comments:

  1. how'd you make your blog site so fancy?

    ps. i would like to have pool day at pam's a few times a week.

    ReplyDelete