Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Forfh of July!

The day began early setting up our spot in front of the Rodeway Inn, and then onto the Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast. It was fun to see so many people and to people watch. My dad, and all of Garrett's family joined us at the breakfast so we had a nice time talking and taking pictures.
Dad snuck into the breakfast, didnt pay, and took my plate to go and get seconds... We laughed and the Lion's members didnt seem to care. Dad's simply said, "Well, I'm Paul Payne..." Haha.


The Three Boys at the Breakfast

Grant being 15!

Jude with Auntie Hannah watching the Parade

Tyler Haakana shot Nissi with the fire-hose from the Fire Truck... Oh Tyler:(
Nissi was very sad.

Abby and I watching the Parade.


Fellow parade watchers.

After the parade we went over to the Higerd's house and ate lunch, watched Wimbledon and the Olympic trials, and took a nap. We then got ready and took the trailer to the lake to watch the fireworks. Kathy made potato salad, chicken and corn. Dinner was great. For appetizers we had cheese with fruit and crackers in typical Higerd style. There were also some dark beers available for the taking.

I took the picture of Jude and I love it. Out of all the pictures... I think this one is of my favorites!
As we waited for the sun to go down, Garrett and Phil took Gus out for some training and were accosted by the fire chief because they got too close to the fireworks. I guess two guys in blaze orange with a hunting dog are now looked upon as firework terrorists... Meanwhile, Grant got caught by the Highway patrol and stopped because he was riding his motorcycle on the street without a license. Higerd's are such trouble makers!

The fireworks were great. Jude slept through them. I had him in the Baby Bjorn and covered his ears and he slept. He is such a great baby!

He likes to stick out his tongue...
Overall, Jude's first Holiday was a hit! I had so much fun and as far as I know Garrett did too. He was a trooper to go the parade... He hates parades. He loves me:) I have a good husband.

Happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment