Thursday, July 10, 2008

Waiting for 11:00 pm

Jude has been sleeping like a little champ. His last feed is at 11:00 pm and then he will sleep until 6:00 am! The last three mornings he has woken me up around 4 with a loud sucking sound. He has found his thumb. I dont really want him to be a thumb sucker, so I have been pulling it out of his mouth and giving him a passy, and he falls right back to sleep. About 30 minutes later he is sucking again, we repeat the process and he sleeps until 6. Its been great. The sound of him soothing himself is such a joy. I wake up with a smile on my face, nudge Garrett awake so he can hear the baby, and then go to meet the baby's needs. I love being a mom. If the sound of Jude sucking his thumb makes me this happy then I cant imagine what Ill feel like when he actually accomplishes something really important.

Tonight in the bath, he had so much fun. I took out the newborn insert, and sat him in the infant side of the tub, and he played and splashed in the bath for 15 minutes. His eyes were huge and he was smiling so big. He kicked his legs, flailed his arms and cooed with contentment. I was laughing so hard. It was the best 20 minutes I have spent with my son since he has been born. It was great!

The other morning while getting ready for the day I took this little video:




After seeing the pictures of Annabelle in her Bumbo I remembered that I have one for Jude and thought it might be fun to get it out since he can hold his head up. He liked it only for a minute the first time but each day he has had more fun sitting up like a big boy. I wanted to take a picture but accidentally took this video:



Sunday Jude finally got to meet Auntie Katie and Uncle Tyler. The were in town for a quick(gnarly) backpacking trip over the 4th and stopped by church before they returned to San Diego. Here are the pictures:


How cute is his little lion outfit... Its from his Great-Great Uncle Wendell and His Great-Great Grandmother Nana.

Garrett with his two best buddies.



After church we went to June Lake Beach with Garrett's family. We had a great time. Jude was great and even took a nap while we were there. The boys left for a little while to go on some shooting adventure so that left us girls there at the beach. Kathy and Hannah played a game of Smashball, and rallied something like 49 times. I did here a few, "whoo hoos" from the mother-in-law, and let out a small giggle to myself:) But in reality, on the day that Nadal beat Federer for the title, 49 rallys in Smashball isn't that impressive. HAHA.

Well its almost 11 so I gotta go get ready to feed Jude:)

4 comments:

  1. I think its funny that Jude already looks like he's half the size of Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I can't believe you showed a picture of Jude's bugger and then talked about being proud of it. You're kind of scaring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're getting Jude used to a Binky. Very cool, as you can take it away eventually, but he'll always have his thumb with him.

    I remember when Garrett was being broken of his pacifier. I was on a trip with them (as a travel helper.) Kathy & Phil made sure we had one with us, but they kept it hidden and only took it out for emergencies. They'd use a 'code word' for it, but your smart future-husband figured it out eventually. The day he lisped out that he wanted his 'orthodontic exerciser' Phil gave in and let him have it; that was quite an accomplishment for a two year old!

    ReplyDelete