Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jude's Room

I finally got the nursery finished, well as finished as things get around here and I wanted to put up a few pictures.

My aunt Charla made the greatest curtains that match Jude's bedding perfectly. I am so thankful to have them. The curtains complete the room and I love the way they shade most of the light in the afternoon making it easy for Jude to nap.


Here are the curtains!

Jude's crib and dresser. I love the black finish on the furniture.

Hannah made this frame for Garrett for Christmas. I got a picture for it yesterday! I love it.

Jude hanging out on his changing mat with his octopus that entertains him while I change his diaper. Thanks again Minna!

These are the animals I have in his crib. I love the huge while duck.

These are the animals above his crib. My two favorites are the giraffe and the turtle. The bear with the trout is pretty cool too!
And yes those are real deer antlers. They are from the buck Garrett shot two years ago.
The life of a Higerd Wife.
(Hey I like the phrase, perhaps you'll be seeing more of it around here...)
So that's Jude's room.

In other news, Jude has his two month check up tomorrow. He is scheduled to get the first round of his vaccinations but I need some more information before we decide what to do. Neither Garrett or I hold the idea that if we vaccinate then we are somehow not trusting God enough, but I just want to be informed before we put a bunch of chemicals into out teeny tiny little boy. So if anyone has any information please pass it along.

But the most exciting thing is that Friday night late we are headed down to Capistrano Beach to visit with Mari and the girls for a week! I am so excited to see them and to meet Annabelle. It will be so fun to play with the cousins. Walks, playing at the park, and adventures like this, and this... It will be a blast!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I saw your post on my blog...you can email me at rmthorpe81@hotmail.com - out of town this weekend but I will respond as soon as I get back. Christian has been fully vaccined since his 2 month appt. I have a couple reasons why I chose to do so if you want to know.

    Very cute room by the way. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great frame that Hannah made, and the picture is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Judes room. I really don't think he has enough animals though. Charla is so talented, Jude is blessed to have her for his Aunt. I have some thoughts on vaccination which I will share with you if you want. I just love the Higerd family. Grandmother MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! but excuse me, aren't you going to see your sister as well?? and um, what about Judes wonderful auntie bing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! Did you get it from leelou? They have great ones there.

    ReplyDelete