Friday, December 14, 2007

Garrett is Smart

So on Wednesday night Garrett and I were headed to Crowley for a bible study. He rushed home from Bridgeport, I fed him something quick, I believe it was left-over lasagna, put Gus in his kennel, and we headed out the door. While driving to Crowley he looks at me and says,
"After the baby comes I don't think we'll both be able to attend very many mid-week meetings."

I replied, " Yeah I guess so. But what made you think of that?"

He says, " Its not like were going to be able to put the baby in a crate and leave it for three hours."

I started laughing. He is exactly right. We will never be able to leave the baby at home alone, in a metal cage and head off to do something alone. I have no problem leaving the dog, and have no moral qualms about it. In fact, I am a strong proponent of crate training any and all dogs. I am so thankful to have such a brilliant husband who can show me the difference between our child and our dog:)

Anyway, I thought that was a funny little anecdote from our lives and thought you might enjoy it...

19 weeks and going strong. Ill post some development stuff tomorrow:)


Here is a picture of Gus as a 9 week old pup in his kennel, just for reference:)

2 comments:

  1. such a dad thing to say. you would be surprised, when the baby is little and sweet and quiet and just sits in the car seat you will mostly be able to take it anywhere. it's when it gets loud and rambunctious that you have to change your schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the smile! I'm still chuckling. Actually, do you remember that old Doris Day movie "Please Don't Eat the Daisies"? Her youngest one was so rambunctious that they had a play pen with a 'roof' on it - indeed very like Gus' crate! Then again, that baby's first words were "Cokey Cola!", so I don't think you guys have anything to worry about. ;-)

    ReplyDelete