Monday, December 10, 2007

O Christmas Tree!

Last week sometime Garrett told me that he wanted to take me on a date to cut down our Christmas Tree this year. I was so excited because the last three years I have bought $20 trees from IKEA, and having grown up in Mammoth that is quite unacceptable.

Yesterday afternoon after church we loaded up Gus in the backseat of the cab of the truck, since it was 20 degrees outside and I refuse to have a frozen dog, and headed up past Bridgeport almost to Walker to hunt down a nice fir tree. This past week we received some snow, so it made it feel all that much more Christmassy. We played Christmas Carols and drank hot beverages. It was a really fun time.

We found our tree after hunting for about 20 minutes in the 15 degree weather. I wouldn't have lasted much longer. And besides I had to pee.

I wanted a picture with the tree too!

Look how cold we are... you can see it in our noses.

Garrett tying the tree to the truck...isnt he a handsome mountain man!


Grant came over to help us decorate the tree, and decided I was too picky about the lights so he left the light stringing to me. I guess I am more like my dad in some areas than I thought.

Here we are much warmer, and with a decorated tree.
If you look closely you might find some thing that could remind you of Gus
as Phil so delicately put it.

Merry Christmas, and I hope you love your tree as much as I love mine:)

2 comments:

  1. ReAnnon, your tree is beautiful! I love the bright red accents - so very you! Doesn't it match your stand mixer? ;-) And I agree that the mountain trees are much nicer than the $20 IKEA variety we city-folk have to content ourselves with. I smiled at the 'picky light' comment. I'm right there with you!

    Glad to see your blogs again, btw! I'd been checking regularly and had missed them. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...sometimes I still think about my little ReA...but then I remember that she's all grown up now with a handsome husband...her very own Christmas tree...and their very own baby growing inside her! Where did the years go?
    Having kids young certainly has it's advantages though...cuz now it gets to be Grandmother time!

    ReplyDelete