Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hammering not Hitting

Jude decided to wake up 4 times a night all last week, which lead me to be exhausted and therefore, not waking up at 5 am. Well lets say not staying awake at 5am. But the last two nights he has only woken up once around midnight so I am hopeful that the 5am club will resume.

But for now, here is the weekly Jude update:

I have been having so much fun with Jude lately. He learned to crawl on Christmas Day, and hasn't looked back since. He can now pull up on every piece of furniture in my home and goes as he pleases. He can entertain himself for what seems like forever, as he attempt to problem solve to get the toy or object he wants. The computer cords have become a favorite to my dismay, but we are working with "No, Mommy said you cant play with cords." Then a redirect... We shall see how this goes... But the funnest thing he has started to do is carry around this little purple and green hammer. Its become his favorite toy by far. He whines for it when he is eating, he crawls with it everywhere he goes, and it's the first toy he looks for in the morning. It's darling. I'll have to get a picture because I don't have one yet. He often gets frustrated when trying to pull up on the table, because he can't do it with the hammer in his hand, but he won't give up the hammer. It's funny! I have had to learn to be purposeful with my words. Hammering is okay, Hitting is not. So we Hammer the table, we hammer the blocks etc. I am thankful I didn't spend 6 months saying,"Yeah, hit the table. Good job son." Only to have to scold him for hitting... Man, the power of words... What am I in for?

Here are a few pictures from the week... Enjoy.

This is the Lion of Jude... See he is roaring.

Here he is crawling away


Uncle Grant teaching Jude to walk during the OU Florida game... So sad Sooners...

Contemplative Son at the Park, I'm not sure if he likes the swings...

Mommy and Jude on the slide... Is he having fun? Again I'm not sure.

Ok, now he is having fun. Finally, whats a Mama gotta do?

Jude and Nissi waiting to be attacked by the Park ducks.

And finally a "Shampoo-Hak"

His hair only curls with its wet. Perhaps Ill have a curly headed kid. But for now, it's stick straight and Blond... Who would have thought.


5 comments:

  1. Cute pics, ReAnnon! Glad to see you're blogging again. Don't worry about Jude's hair being stick-straight. Beth's didn't start becoming curly until she was almost a year old, and now look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love shampoo hawks! and lions rawrs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Jude and Nissi! Such a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the picture of Jude and Nissi...How adorable is that?
    And....that little Lion is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jude,(and Mommie & Daddy)
    I hear you are crawling and having a great time discovering all the things missing from your life the first eight months. You are so cute. Keep the photos coming.
    I love you,
    Great Grandmother MiMi

    ReplyDelete