Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Promise

Here is my attempt at a public promise with some background info...

I have been feeling prompted by the Lord for some time to begin my day at 5 am. Now that idea in and of itself must be a holy one because nothing in my person-hood thinks a 5am start time sounds like fun. But as I began thinking about it seriously, I saw all the benefits of redeeming two hours in the morning before Jude is up for the day. He wakes up to nurse around 5 anyway, so its not like I have to pull myself out of my warm bed for nothing right... Its almost comical how easy the Lord has made it for me to obey him here. Now I realize that there might be mornings that I need that two hours of sleep and if I go back to bed every once in a while I believe that will be ok. After all Jesus cares about my heart and its motives, not my legalistic self-inflicted rules.

So this extra time I have decided will provide uninterrupted time for my devotionals, time to exercise, and to blog. "YEAH BLOGGING", I can hear my sister Bing say. She is always nagging me that she knows more about my nieces that about her own nephew... But seriously how I compete with SuperMom Mari...

So here are my ideas:
I am thinking that one day a week I will post some family anecdote including pictures. This will hopefully give everyone their Jude fix and give me something to show my son how I chronicled his life. Because it doesnt look like his Baby Book will ever get filled in. But you never know what I'll be able to accomplish in two hours...

Next, since I love to cook and am always experimenting and finding delicious recipes, I thought I would share one cooking related story a week. This will help me to be more like my amazing friend Lydia, who will be SuperMom #2 when her peanut Ruby is born.

And lastly, I am hoping to share something that the Lord is doing in my life. I am constantly amazed by the grace that is lavished upon me by the Savior and so I thought this would be a good place to share some of the amazing things He does. I am thinking I will share teachings that I have benefited from, scripture passages that I find helpful and general devotional type stories. Basically anything that helps me see and know Jesus better.

So there it is. My New Years Promise... At least 3 blogs a week... Any one care to hold me to it?

1 comment:

  1. Yessss! I am super excited! I will hold you to it! But I won't be as pushy as Chandler though, because I know that sometimes, the blog just won't happen! However, one of Liz's friends does "wordless wednesday" which I think is a great idea. Just put up pictures!

    PS. Have you read "shopping for time" by the mahaneys? It was my xmas gift to myself, and it has some GREAT ideas about the 5am club!

    ReplyDelete