Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wonderful Holiday

Jude's first Christmas was a wonderful time. Being home with both Garrett's and my family made it so special. We spent Christmas Even with the Higerds and then Christmas Day with the Paynes and finaly coming together as one big group for Christmas dinner. There was a lot of laughing and a lot of gift opening. But the best part of the day was seeing how much joy my son brings to the grandparents. Each of them, all four, interact with him so sweetly, yet so differently. I can only imagine the kinds of relationships he will have with them. But I have to admit it has been super fun for me to see how my mom interacts with Jude. Most of the time all I can do is laugh at her and her silliness. But as each day passes, I am learning about the kind of mother she was to me by her actions with Jude. Her playfulness is contageous.

Christmas Eve with Grandmomma opening his First Christmas Present.

YES! A Toolbench.

Christmas Morning.

Inspecting the cool books from Care and AB.

Chiristmas morning with Daddy and Grandpa.

Riding the Lion with Grandma. Garrett and his Siblings
My Uncle Ron, Francine, Kaycee and Chandler
Grandpa and Jude playing with his Lion washcloth. One of many presents bought for Jude that I was told after the fact that were for "Grandma's House." HAHA

Jude and Chandler Bing eating dinner.
Jude's first Christmas was super fun, and it was great to be with so much family. As the years progress, I am looking forward to having our own family traditions and creating a holiday culture that is uniquly ours. Garrett and I have some ideas about family traditions we want to create, with emphasis on the "I"..., and I am anxious to implement them in the coming years.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Traditions! I have so many ideas for us, we may have to celebrate Christmas twice to get them all in.

    Did you get the Nature Cards? I thought specifically of Garrett when I bought those. AND, we have that same toolbench - it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the nature cards. Jude is all about them. Garrett looked at them for like 10 minutes Christmas morning. It was cute. You are a good gift giver!

    ReplyDelete