Friday, May 16, 2008

Birth Story in Pictures

50% effaced and 2 cm dialated. We had just begun the pitocin drip...


After 7 hours of pitocin and no change along with the fact that my water had broken 18 hours before, I had tested positive for Group B Strep, and his heart rate didnt rise the expected 15 beats per minute during each contraction, we decided to opt for the c-section. Thankfully the Lord led us to that decision, because Jude's umbilical cord was tightly wrapped around his neck three times.

Daddy triming the cord.

Our first family photo.

Jude Paul Higerd in all his glory.

Please forgive the immodesty, but its the only picture we have of my doctor who reminds me of Molly Shannon from Saturday Night Live.


My contimplative son.

At home after his first ride in his car seat:)

His first nap at home.

Two poops at the doctor's office this morning in the 20 minutes we were there.

Oops, he peed on Daddy!

Jude's First Ride in his swing:)

2 comments:

  1. Yep, told you all modesty goes out the window when you are having a babe. He looks different than I expected, I thought he would be skinny. I like the chub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is a big, chubby, baby - very cute. I can't believe he peed on Garrett already, something I should get ready for I guess :)

    ReplyDelete