Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Three Outings

Yesterday was the day for outings I guess.

Garrett's new favorite things is to get Jude all bundled and take him out on Gus's morning walk. They are outside together for about 20 to 25 minutes and I think its the highlight of his day. Garrett totes Jude around in the front pack and takes his puppy out for a walk. Its really sweet to see...Then later in the day my Mom, Dad and I decided to take Jude on his first trip to Starbucks... He thought it was so much fun that he slept the whole time... It was nice to get out and about however. Kathy and Hannah joined us for a little while and it was nice to sit and chat with everyone while drinking a decaf mocha frapichino!

Garrett got home from work right at 6:00 pm which was wonderful. We had a great dinner that was prepared for us and then decided to take our third outing for the day down to Church on the Mountain to go to Bible study. Again Jude was so enthralled that he slept the whole time...


I am not in the least complaining about much Jude sleeps. He is wonderful. He is eating great. He is sleeping great, and when he is awake he is alert and very content. He rarely cries and as far as I am concerned is a perfect baby. I love my son!

2 comments:

  1. I think that bottom picture is a blow-it-up-and-frame-it one. And I'm telling you, this is by far the easiest time with kids. Enjoy his portability while it lasts! Soon he'll be tearing through Starbucks like an animal and you'll be tempted to put him on a leash that a certain great grandma sends you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! So his first 'commercial' outing was to Starbucks and not the Loony Bean? I'm surprised!

    And, Mari, you may scoff at Nana's leashes all you want, but remember she has some experience with 'two under two' given that she gave birth to 4 girls in 5 years. It only took a second for Nana and me to lose Dan in a mall when he was 19 months old. After a frantic 10-minutes involving 3 security guards, he was found with another family. We went right back to the baby store we'd been in and bought him a fanny-pack leash. At that age, they don't have any impulse control and he saw something neat and took off. We didn't use it for long, but it sure helped once I had two mobile toddlers who wanted to run off in different directions. Who do you chase first? The little one or the fast one? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete