Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Introduction

Gus had been at my parent's house since Tuesday, and finally got to come home Yesterday afternoon. I wasnt at all nervous about the dog meeting Jude, but I was feeling a little hesitant about how the dog might behave.

Here is a picture of their first meeting...



Things seemed to go well the rest of the afternoon, but Gus pretty much ignored everyone and sat in the corner chewing on his bone. I think he was a little upset at us for leaving him for so many days. He is quite a sensitive dog you know:) Garrett went out to wash the car and do a few other things and took Gus with him later in the day. I think that relieved some of the tension because upon their return Gus was much more himself, although he didn't come over to say hello to me.

He kept his distance for the rest of the night and even when we went to bed he didnt want to sleep in our room with us like he has been for the past several months. Around 3 in the morning when I was up feeding Jude, I noticed Gus had made his way into the bedroom, but was not sleeping in his usual spot, (next to Garrett's side of the bed) but over by the baby. So somehow in his doggy brain I believe he has reconciled the fact that the baby stays, we still love him, and that he must too love the baby.

Here are a few more pictures from this morning's interactions...

Daddy and his two best friends...

Baby and Gus!
P.S. I remember Mari saying that when they returned from the Hospital with Annabelle how big Caroline had become. I know you cant compare a baby to a dog, but Gus is huge now. I always thought he was kind of on the smaller side, but now with such a little baby I no longer think that. My dog is HUGE!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Garrett and ReAnnon!!

    He definitely looks like a Higerd boy. What a wonderful blessing.

    Take care. Love, Pete, Jen, Ty, and Maci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jude looks just as big as Annabelle in that swing! And Gus does look bigger compared to him. We'll have to see how they compare in the summer!

    ReplyDelete