Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11

November 11, 2010

Veterans Day: I am thankful for and to all the men and women who serve and have served our country. 

A few members of my extended family are active military and seeing the sacrifices they make, brings a deep sense of gratitude forth in my heart. In our country, a small population make the largest sacrifices. Through Mari and all her wonderful friends, I have learned all I know about military life. Wives of active military men are AMAZING! So on this Veterans Day, I am sending my thanks and appreciation to all of those women who have cared for children, kept a home, and were alone, while their honorable husbands were off fighting for the rights we as Americans often take too lightly.  Marrying a military man is a high calling and a lot of work, from what I have observed, and for you ladies I am so thankful.  

Today being a national holiday, I am also thankful that my husband is a government employee so he had the day off! The garage is almost organized and I have several less boxes to go through. Moving and getting settled is finishing up nicely. 

I am also thankful for my THANKSGIVING DECORATIONS. Yes, I have Thanksgiving decorations. I love them. Remember, I love Thanksgiving. My home is feeling very festive and I am getting so excited. 

I found out today that my brother in law Gabe, doesn't like turkey! I felt like I got punched in the gut! Not like TURKEY! Oh, Gabe will you give me a chance to change your mind? I can't bear the thought of you not liking Thanksgiving turkey. I have really high expectations for holidays on the compound, just so you know. 

In other awesome freakout worthy news, The Pioneer Woman and Bobby Flay had a Thanksgiving Throw-Down. For those of you who don't know the shear awesomeness that this is, I am so sorry. You must figure it out on your own. But let me tell you, its so awesome. So awesome.  I must go call my mother and have her set the DVR! Oh P-Dub, I am sure you prevailed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment