Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 7-10

November 10, 2010

I AM NOT A BLOGGING SLACKER! I have been internetless for 4 days and I feel like the world has left me behind.  I have 397 unread blog posts in my google reader and days of facebook to catch up on. Sigh... I missed the internet.

However, We are mostly settled in our new little cabin in the woods. Which leads me to the 7th's thankfulness:
November 7, 2010

I am thankful for the body of Christ. With out my Church family I couldn't have, wouldn't have been able to move. Lisa, Janet, Cleo, Lorry, and my Mom helped me in so many ways I lost count. I kept telling myself, I MUST do this for someone else in the future. I MUST serve someone else in the ways I have been served.

November 8, 2010

Did I mention how I much I dislike deep cleaning? Having grown up with a Dad who cleaned the white tiles of the black and white checkered floor of his mother's kitchen with a razor blade for fun, I never quite made the grade in the "cleaning" department as a kiddo. Now I am not a slob, but my mess is nicely hidden out of sight, out of mind...Right? Not so much when you move!

Anyway, the impetus for our move was the need my parents had to sell their house. So the move out clean, needed to be white glove worthy! Needless to say, I was overwhelmed. Then,   two wonderful sisters in the Lord OFFERED TO CLEAN THE HOUSE! I  cried! "My dad will be so happy," I thought. I insisted to join in the efforts, they refused me. Vicki and Lori, you have blessed me beyond the beyond! The house is cleaner than I can ever remember it, and thats saying a lot!  My dad was a cleaning weirdo, my mom had OCD for 10 years!  Carpet balls anyone?

November 9, 2010

I am thankful for the McDonald Family.

Not having any modern technology for several days, forced me to examine how much time I think of being on the computer, or wonder about facebook, or  talk on the phone. I think I needed this break. Lorry joked and told me to call it a fast, but I told her I would rather suffer in silence... but  not silently.  After I could take it no longer, I went to Lorry's house and pouted until she let me use the internet. The only stipulation was I had to read one of her daughter Tara's papers. If you have ever read anything by Miss Tara McDonald, you must know this was no chore. I signed into my iGoogle, saw how many blogs I had in my reader and freaked out a little. Then I went to facebook and saw the dreaded 300+ posts in the corner and was again overwhelmed. Who else hates that stupid blue 300+? I think Mark Zuckerberg  is mocking me.

Anyway. After that I grazed on some delicious turkey in their kitchen. John, Lorry's wonderful husband who we all affectionally refer to as Cupcake, didn't get mad at Jude when he took a huge bite out of a beautiful orange heirloom tomato. He then cut him up some more of the said tomato, and added some cucumber to the mix. Jude was very happy.

Then Tara, who should have been finishing her paper, asked if I was planning to update the blog. I told her I didn't want to rush. She scolded me and reminded me about commitment. A lecture I am sure I gave to her once before, since I did teach her to read, but thats not the point. Lorry then also scolded me. I frowned. Laughingly Lorry suggested I should blog about how I am thankful for the McDonald family. Little did she know, you don't joke with a blogger.

Which leads me to today.

November 10, 2010

I an thankful for the common grace that is technology. Even though my wireless router isnt working and I am plugged in using an ethernet cable, I am again connected to the outside world. I had some time to examine my heart concerning my love of techyness, and the conclusion I came to is this: I love the internet because it connects me to people I love. Facebook is a means to connect with my family and friends. Blogs encourage me in my mommyhood woes.

Now, I do waste time on the computer. I watch tv shows on Hulu. I browse people.com. I have been known to watch an Apple Keynote or two... and in those areas I have been convicted by the Lord to change. And by his grace alone I will change. Technology by itself isn't sinful, its how we use it that can be the problem.

I am thankful to the Lord that he continues the good work he started in me and that he loves me so much he gave me the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment